Title of position:
Cornwall Volunteer Ambassador
The Heart and Stroke Foundation, a volunteer-based health charity, leads in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the advancement of research and its application, the promotion of healthy living, and advocacy.
As a Volunteer Ambassador, you will
represent Heart & Stroke at the local level through engagement with corporate and community partners.
Through networking, presentations, and events, you will connect local citizens with Heart & Stroke volunteer opportunities and fundraising programs.
· Engage corporate and community partners and represent the Foundation in a positive light through presentations, networking, and outreach events.
· Develop a working relationship with local community leaders and event organizers to build Heart & Stroke’s reach and reputation in your community.
· Connect interested audience members to Area Office staff for further engagement with Heart & Stroke.
· Identify local opportunities (like presentations and events) for Heart & Stroke involvement and engagement with the community.
· Participate in recognition and stewardship activities for local supporters (e.g. volunteer appreciation events, community awards, thank you calls)
· Motivate individuals and groups to lead or participate in Heart & Stroke programming (e.g. Big Bike, Canvass Campaign, Jump Rope for Heart, My Own Fundraiser Events).
· Disseminate campaign and health information in accordance with Heart & Stroke communications best practices.
· Role model fundraising best practices and capacity building by engaging with personal networks.
Qualifications: As a volunteer in this role, you will need the following qualities:
· Have an understanding of Heart & Stroke’s mission and the ability to articulate it concisely.
· Exhibits high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
· Proven ability to build a strong rapport with community influencers.
· Experience facilitating cooperation and achieving results.
· Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to communicate with Staff Supervisor remotely.
· Ability to communicate in English and French according to location needs is an asset.
· Be comfortable with public speaking to diverse groups of people.
· Valid driver’s lisence and a reliable vehicle is required. Mileage reimbursement is available.
This is a remote volunteer position for residents in Cornwall.
The Cornwall Area Office and your Staff Supervisor are located at:
36 Second Street East
Cornwall, ON K6H 1Y3
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
This position will require travel to various locations within Cornwall. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
5-15 hours each month, depending on scheduled community and Heart & Stroke programming as well as opportunities.
(Time includes reviewing notes, attending events, networking, and follow-up.)
The amount of time each volunteer dedicates to this volunteer role is determined on an individual basis and can exceed 15 hours per month.
Minimum commitment of one year required.
Benefits and Competencies developed: As a volunteer, you will be provided with:
· Visibility in your community as a champion for Heart & Stroke’s work.
· Opportunities to expand your network and meet other leaders in your community.
· Evidence of your impact in the local community.
· Opportunities to use and grow your professional skills.
Orientation and training:
· Orientation to the role and communications protocols from your Staff Supervisor.
· Detailed training onHeart & Stroke’s history, successes, and current project and research priorities.
· Information and materials to support successful networking.
Area Manager, Cornwall and area
Special resources or policies: You will be asked to:
· Review, sign, and follow the standard Code of Conduct agreement.
· Review and follow Cash Handling Best Practices document.
To Apply :
Email your professional resume and cover letter to